cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

We are facing some problem in sap license .

1. Am already apllied sap license in this server but expired date is 22jun2011.

2. Morning i deleted the old license temperory key.After that users cannot able login that server.

3. the error is (error in liscense check)

4. Other function consultant not able to access sap

Please give me solution for this

Regards,

K.Ramamoorthy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1. Am already aplied sap license in this server but expired date is DJ.

What license type it is ? Permanent or Maintance ?

You have to apply a permanent license which expiry date should be 31.12.9999. Get a new license and apply with SAP* as you wont be able to login with any other user.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Am already applied new liscence in saplogin.Now getting error is logon not possible(error in license check)only 000 client sapis available.

Before i deleted old lisence key from slicense t-code ,Can U tell me how to get that key.to reply same key.

Regards,

K.Ramamoorth

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Am already applied new liscence in sap*login.Now getting error is logon not possible(error in license check)only 000 client sap*is available

It means license is not available on your system.

Before i deleted old lisence key from slicense t-code ,Can U tell me how to get that key.to reply same key.

Login with SAP*

Execute SLICENSE and check do you have any valid permanent license install there . If not then note that Hardware key and apply for a new license and then install again. If you have a valid license installed then check the status. is it green ?

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I check the t-code slicense its updated all maintenance & standard key the stus is showing.But what am saying i need to reset old temperory liscense key ,

In that old license key tab in that column nothing is there.

Because of old license key is it will while iam installing sap it will come defaultly. That key has been deleted,Plz tell the solution how to rectify ?

Regards,

K.Ramamoorthy

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Because of old license key is it will while iam installing sap it will come defaultly. That key has been deleted,Plz tell the solution how to rectify ?

You have deleted the temporary license which is installed on your system. It does not matter if you have a permanent license installed. So you have a permanent license installed then what is the problem now ?

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Its permanant & maintenace already applied.Because I deleted old temperory license key .Here after iam deleting temperory key the users cannot able login in sap screen .The error is *(Logon not possible error in license check)*

Regards,

K.Ramamoorthy

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Its permanant & maintenace already applied.Because I deleted old temperory license key .Here after iam deleting temperory key the users cannot able login in sap screen .The error is **(Logon not possible error in license check)**

I am not able to get you. If you have a permanent and valid license install on the system then you won't see that License check problem. If you are not able to login then your license is not correct. Please cross check. Old temporary license is not required.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the installed license is left over from some system copy and has wrong hardware key or installation number, you don't need the temporary license.

Get a new licence from SMP and replace the old one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

What is mean by SMP how to apply this old license where i can get it.

Regards,

K.Ramammoorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You won't need that old one.

SMP is SAP market place, here is a link where you can get your key [http://service.sap.com/LICENSEKEY].

Download the file for that system, remove any old license and install the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

There is maintenance & standard key shell i delete the both of the keys r otherwise is not showing any old license key sir.

Regards,

K.Ramamoorthy

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically for X, Y or Z reason your new license is not valid. I would delete all OLD, NEW and TEMP licenses from SLICENSE and request a new permanent license for the system and apply it.

You can check at OS level too by using saplicense -show to see if theres any licenses installed for the system.

Regards

Juan

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sometimes it happens due to library initialization issue also. even though you have valid license installed on your system, you would not be able to login to system due to library initialization issue.

Check strustsso2 transaction code, if you are able to see systems certificates.

Alternatively, if you have set SSF related parameters, check if library files are available in kernel directory.

If not, you can try with removing SSF parameters from profile files and take a restart.

In case if all is well and you identify license is invalid, request the same on service market place and for the time being you can re-install temp license in system so that users can continue working.

Cheers !!!

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramamoorthy,

Please install the security product as described in the following note

and restart your system after that.

#662340 SSF Encryption Using the SAPCryptolib

Installing the SAPCryptolib --> point 1-5

"...

Installing the SAPCryptolib

1. Download the SAPCryptolib from the SAP Service Marketplace. See note 397175. You will receive a package containing the library, a license ticket "ticket" and the configuration program "sapgenpse".

2. Copy the library and the "sapgenpse" program to the $DIR_EXECUTABLE

directory. Copy the "ticket" file to the $DIR_INSTANCE/sec directory on every application server.

3. For each application server, set the environment variable SECUDIR to the $DIR_INSTANCE/sec directory for the application server's user.

(For UNIX, set it in the application server's startup scripts, For

Windows, set it in <SID>adm's environment.)

4. Also make sure that the environment variable USER is set to the user that runs the application server. For Windows, this user is

typically SAPService<SID>. For UNIX, it is typically <(>

<<)>sid>adm. For

AS/400, it is typically <SID>(<instance>). For more information, see Note 800240.

5. To replace the SAPSECUILIB library with the SAPCRYPTOLIB library,

set the following profile parameters and restart the server(s).

- ssf/name = SAPSECULIB

- ssf/ssfapi_lib = <Path and file name of SAPCRYPTOLIB>

- sec/libsapsecu = <Path and file name of SAPCRYPTOLIB>

Set these profile parameters in the instance profile and not in

the default profile.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the current version of Kernel you have installed. It's a bug in the kernel. Please apply the latest kernel available in the market place and try.

It fixed for me.

Regards

D.Mukunthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check dev_ms log as message server should pick your license 1st while during start.

We faced same problem and we found ASCS instance we not started and we getting error saying SAP licence expire.

Hence i understand that check whether your message server is running and check log file.

Hope this help

Thanks

Deepak