cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range for external id for inbound delivery in SAP MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue wherein user is not able to see the inbound delivery if external id is exceeding 10 digits..

Example :- supplier has maintained EXTid- 1237464123-1. For this we cant see inbound delivery.

but in SAP when we enter 1237464123 we can see the inbound delivery.

can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue... ? it is getting CRITICAL

Thanks ,

forum shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx for your help. isuue was resolved.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you getting any Idoc from vendor to crete inbound delivery ?.If then the Idoc might have failed .You can check the failed Idoc in WE02 transaction.It seems the special character is not supporting your program to create inbound delivery.Check the idoc if you are not able to change the program then inform vendor not to send '-'character in external id field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thnx for the info.. but the issue here is that the IDOC is not created bcz GR is done manually ie thru' VL32N.

So i dont understand if the system allows the usage of special character for external id.

When i tried to create the External id using special char in TEST system , i could create it. I dont know abt production...

wht is the next step to be taken...

Thanks,

Forum Shah

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then Debug the scenario in production system is there any user exit might stopping to create the inbound delivery.For existing case you alredy made the GR then not required another extra inbound delivery.Probabily some user exit is stopping to crete inbound delivery in production system and for this debug only an option.