cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check - Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Consider this Scenario.

I have 2 Materials (M1 & M2) maintained in Same Storage location (e.g. 0005) & Plant (e.g.1000). There is no stock for both these items (MMBE).

Now, I created sales order for these items. Availability check is carried out (Checking grp 02 & rule A) and qty is confirmed based on RLT I think. ATP is Minus.

Now, while creating delivery for Material M1 i am getting an error message as soon as I enter the storage loc 0005 " only x unit of Material M1available". Whereas for material M2 I am not getting the error message though I dont have stock for this item too.

The requirement is Client wants this message to appear when creating a delivery for an item if there is no stock.

Additional info:- If I turn Off Availability check at the delivery, I am not getting this message.

Is this activated at Availability check or at Storage location or where ??

Kindly help me on this issue.

Thank you

Mohamed Imran R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Kindly check the Availability check of both the Materials in the Masterial Master > Sales : General / Plant Data.

2. Check the Material type of both the Materials as there is an assignment of Material Type & Plant with Availability Check.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Both Materials are Having the Same Checking group in Material Master (02). Schedule line Category & Delivery item category are also the same (CP & TAN respectively). If system stops for one item it should stop for the other item too if the control lies here. The only difference for these materials is their material master data. I personally feel some setting in Material master is triggering this message (Message no VL150).

Thanks

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I found the root cause of the issue. If there is No Sufficient Stock (as a result of Availability check) the Standard System is Programmed to trigger the message VL150 (Correct Me If I am wrong).

I found this note 1461217 to identify the issue. In my case, For the Second Material M2 the availability check is confirming the item during delivery creation though there is insufficient stock (MMBE level) thats why message is not triggered. So I have to look how system is able to confirm? (Co09 & OVZ9)

Thanks!

Imran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Availability check is based on schedule line t-code VOV6 or Requirement class VOZG

And for delivery item categories OVLP

Now even though stock is not available system allow you to create delivery but at the time again it check availability and stop if stock is not available

kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your reply

My issue is for the second material M2 though there is no stock, system is allowing me to create delivery. How should i stop this from happening? I need the same error message to stop the process. Where to activate this?

Thanks

Mohamed Imran R

Former Member
0 Kudos
second material M2 though there is no stock, system is allowing me to create delivery

Kindly check the Schedule Line category of that Material & in VOV6 ,select the boxes - Availability & Req./ Assembly. Now go to Delivery Item category of that Material & in Field Check quantity 0 - make it as B ( Dismiss situation with error message in create/change mode).

Hope it would help you.

Best Regards,

Ankur