cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert group into report footer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a lot of fields that count different values in our Oracle tables; these fields (Crystal Reports 2008) are located in the report footer.

Now I would like to add a new field that should act as a grouping - I add this field, select it as a new group (group wizard)... however, not the report footer but obiously the details section, which isn't in use, is being grouped.

How can I insert a group into the report footer?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not insert a group into a report footer. However, you can use Section expert to force a Group Footer to print at bottom of page. Just check the relevant box in section expert.

If that is not what you want to do you will need to give more info, if posssible show how data is currently showing and what you would like to see instead.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I have inserted the fields in the report footer because I don't want to see details but just the amount of certain occurrences; a new field there should now act as sort of group header.

E.g.: I have several field about the place of residence of customers and would now like to add the city - but as a group header.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Placing fields in the report footer just shows you the last record and will change depending on how data is grouped /sorted in the report.

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks so far for your help! The problem is that we suppress report header, page header and details. All our fields (=formulas that count the amount of entries in the corresponding database fields) are located in the report footer.

So it seems that it's not possible to add a kind of "group" there.

Any other possibilities?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure I understand what you mean.

Can you show layout of data as you have it and what you would like to see instead.

Ian