cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While creating coding mask getting error with the same " " id exists

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have coding masks with project id P , PG , PH . Now i want to create with PJ one more. While creating with PJ system is throughing errro that " With P already exists " . But i am creating with PJ . Why the system is behaving like this . Pls suggest

Thanks & regds

ramachandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved

atul_rajmane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I am Getting same error while creating a coding mask for ID as you mentioned.

I.e. I am already having a Coding Mask as I-XXXXX-XX. Now, I want to create a mask as IC-XXXXXX-XX, but system gives a error as entry with same "I" already exists.

I seen from your post that your were getting same error.

Let me know how you resolved the same.

regards,

Atul Rajmane

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Atul,

In OPSK tcode please select check box and then in OPSJ you create your mask it will allow with out error. After completion again revert back check box in OPSK. Please let me know whether your issue has resolved or not in this way.

Thanks & regds

Ramachandra

atul_rajmane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Thank you for your replay.

I have tried to select a 1st check box (left side of Project ID) in OPSK. I am able to select it, but SAP is not saving this check box entry. i.e. save button is disable. and if I am just coming out of opsk by pressing back arrow button, and create a required coding mask in OPSJ system is giving me a same error. i.e. Enter mask with same " " ID exists.

Let me know if i am following correct steps you mentioned.

Please, share your comments on this issue in detail if possible.

regards,

Atul Rajmane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Please try with 2 parallel sessions.

Thanks & regds

Ramachandra

atul_rajmane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramachandra,

Thank you for replay.

I have tried with 2 parallel sessions. But, getting same error.

Any other method??

regards,

Atul Rajmane

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check config in OPSK (Special character for project) & OPSJ (Project masking).

may be possible you have already maintained in OPSJ.

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks your reply, in OPSJ We have maintained only with " P" and "PG" and "PH" . We have not maintaind with "PJ" in OPSJ . Now we are trying to create with PJ . Now it is thorwing error that " with P already exists" . Then how PG and PH created .Why now system is thorwing error for PJ only. Pls suggest

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rama,

I have tried many times but i am not facing this issue lets see some other may have faced this issue.

Thanks

Sunil

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check in OPSK whether value of PL (Length of key for coding) is 2 or 1. If it is 1 then change to 2 and create the mask in OPSJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Abdul - I think ths issue is not with the length of the key as the user has mentioned that he has already created coding masks with PG, PH etc.

Provide the error message number and maybe we can help out.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see Abdul's comment - I think that is correct