cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross References from Message Class in ABAP Web Dynrpo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iu2019m using the following dummy code to get a cross reference to the massage class while displaying the message via the message manager. Using the cross reference button in the message class, there is neither a chance to search for WD Components nor a result is found while searching for programs and classes. (running WD on Netweaver 7.0 Level 19)

lo_api_controller ?= wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

lo_message_manager = lo_api_controller->get_message_manager( ).

IF 1 = 2. MESSAGE e000(Z_DW_TEST_MSG). ENDIF.
* report message
lo_message_manager->report_t100_message(
    msgid                    = 'Z_DW_TEST_MSG'
    msgno                    = '000'
    msgty                    = 'E'
    ).

Is this a known bug or just not the right way displaying messages in WD?

BR

Dominik

Edited by: Dominik Weiler on Jun 16, 2011 11:21 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

For report_t100_message there has to be an entry in t100 table.,

If you want to use message ids instead of hard coding directly use Assistance Class.,

check this help docu: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/1f6442a3d9e72ce10000000a1550b0/content.htm

also check this article : [Messages I18n in WDA|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/506afd46-32df-2b10-99b0-b93b19075cb1?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

thanks for your Answer.After reading both articles, there is only one chance to get a cross reference where a message is used (By using golobal attributes of assistance class and get Text method).

Best Regards

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might have writen this MESSAGE statement to trace where this message class and it's Id are used. I mean when a WHERE USED LIST button for a message is clicked, you want this component to be identified.

IF 1 = 2. MESSAGE e000(Z_DW_TEST_MSG). ENDIF.

Does the search really list this component. Will it recognize.

I guess the framework will ignore the MESSAGE statement when encountered in WDA.

What excatly is your requirement.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lehka,

thanks for the Answer. What I wanted to achieve with the statement is that the source code will be displayed if the "WHERE USED LIST" button was pressed, for the message and id. At the moment the source code is not displayed. My question is whether this is a bug in the framework, or if this was deliberate is there any other possibility in the use of messages to be identified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said earlier, the framework is ignoring that MESSAGE statement, hence it is not shown in where used list.

Is the message listed when you have clicked on that button..

Usually we write the code in classes and write the MESSAGE statement as you have written...or need to used class based exceptions..and use this class in WD..

Usually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the message is not listet, whats actually the problem. if I understand the "normal" procedure correctly, the message manager object is passed to the class which performs the business logic. Further more the message is added to message manager there and not in the WD Controller Class.

The only point I need to know is if this feature is consciously not implemented in WD?

BR

Dominik