cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset data- useful life

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

There is client does not want to enter useful life in asset data...for that field to make optional what kind of configuration i need to do.............

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Go to SPRO....Financial Accounting....Asset accounting....Master data...Screen layout....Define layout for dep area and select radio button optional.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I did it but still its required to enter it.........in F1 for useful life the following message is coming

If a useful life is not entered in the asset class, and you use depreciation keys that calculate automatically, this field is a required entry regardless of the settings in the screen layout control.

so i just want to know.....client does not want to enter it so in this case what i have to do...........

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in OAYZ T.code if you have mentioned USEFUL Life for Dep.area.

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The only exception when the depreciation key is 0000 and prerequisite that the useful life set to option in AO21. Then input default depreciation key 0000 in OAYZ.

Hope the above solution helps.

Kind regards,

John Chin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pari,

This is standard functionality!

You can not avoid entry in Useful Life, since you do not want this for depreciation calculation, you can set default value '999' in ' useful life' and period (99) in OAYZ, by doing so system will not take this into consideration for any further calculations.

Regards,

Sayujya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In T.code AO21,Change the Field Status of Use Ful Life Field From Required to optional button for your Dep.Screen Layout.

or

goto by Path :Go to SPRO - Financial Accounting (New)-Asset Accounting-Master Data-Screen Layout-Define Screen Layout for Asset Depreciation Areas-Excute here you select your Dep.and in Click on Field group Rules and change the radio Buttion of useful Field from Required to optional.

Thanks

Goutam