cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objective Setting & Appraisals - Status Flow

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm working on OSA module.

When i configure the status flow, i have two options regarding the state of the appraisal after status change:

- Save and Change to Display Mode

- Save and Exit Appraisal Document.

My requirement is that the appraisal is saved and user can continue editing.

Is there a way to add an option here?

Regards,

Fabio.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Anyone that is familiarized with OSA and have found a way to achieve this?

Regards,

Fabio,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Could you maybe attach a custom workflow to a button that would accomplish the task?

Just a thought.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose it could work.

I didn't try it, didn't have enough time.

Anyway, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes . I feel that you need to have a custom workflow do that for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

If you want to just SAVE the document and continue editing, you would use the save button at the top of the template.

The pushbuttons are used to move the document into a completley different state.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

You misunderstood me.

I'll use an example:

1. The appraisal is at some status, user inputs the required data.

2. User clicks the button to move to the next status.

I need the appraisal to be saved at this moment, but i do not want to exit or change to display mode.

With this requirement, user may continue editing, or exit right after status changed, not losing data.

Regards,

Fabio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use the save button.

Any change in status will change and exit.

R K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Typically if you are using push buttons to move the document into a new status / sub status, you would be moving the document to another person in the process, so I'd be interested to know what the exact requirement is. Are you wanting to put it in a new sub status for reporting reasons?

If you are making changes and want to change the status, but still stay within the document and edit, im not sure you can do that through standard configuration. Have you tried not selecting one of the two options and leaving it blank? I wonder what that would do?

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos

Thanks, Nick.

For example, in first status, some manager inputs the header data.

Then he moves to next status to define objectives. This is step can be performed by manager or employee, so manager can continue editing or exit right after the status change.

Leaving it blank won't save the appraisal.

Currently, i'm using badi HRHAP00_DOC_BC to know if status changed and calling HRHAP_SAVE_DOCUMENT, but it's not accurate. The best would be to have an option that can save and keep editing the appraisal.

Regards,

Fabio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fabio -

I think the only option would be a custom button that changes the status, but also keeps the document in edit mode (for those who should have edit capability)

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos

I'm using custom buttons.

They work like standard buttons, regarding save changes.