cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining FF role in GRC10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

What config needs to be done to define any role in client system as FF role in GRC10 . I don't see any parameter in 'maintain configuration settingu2019 - like one we have ( 4010) for defining FF ID .

Thanks

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

luis_bustamante
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

I'm not sure I follow your question, if you have a custom FF role for your FF ID you maintain it in 4010. If you are referring to is using role-based emergency access you will need to change the application type in parameter 4000 to 2 and maintain the respective emergency roles in NWBC. Some additional information on emergency access can be found here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0a8506a-5c64-2e10-5c82-aed487cf0...

We'll be publishing a more detailed guide in the next couple of weeks in our BPX website.

Thanks,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luis for your reply

Yes I am referring to role-based emergency access ; I have already maintained 4000 to 2 but unable to find where exactly in NWBC we can specify emergency roles .

Thanks

Aditya

luis_bustamante
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In the same place where you maintain firefighter IDs, you either use user-based or role-based emergency access, the configuration process after you change the application type is the same, instead of choosing users you choose roles. Please notice owner and controllers require a different owner type than the one used for user-based emergency access. (check Access Control Owners in NWBC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again

I am aware that the configuration will be same for role based emergency access . But when I go to NWBC and try assigning owner to the FF role ; I am able to select the role owner ; but no role gets populated as FF role . In another words F4 list for FF role is blank .

Hence my assumption is there should be something we need to do in SPRO or NWBC to define any role in the Client system as FF role . I have gone through couple of documents but all documents talks about ID based emergency access .

Thanks

Aditya

luis_bustamante
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I see where you're getting from, I had a look in my system and you need to maintain the FF roles in role management. They need to have the flag Enable for Firefighting in the Define Role step (properties tab). Please test and let me know if it works after doing this.

Regards,

Luis

luis_bustamante
Active Participant
0 Kudos

and make sure the role is set as "Complete" otherwise it won't show up either. If you are not planning to use role management you can customize the methodolody to include a single step only for maintaining this parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yahoo !!

Thank you very much

Cheers

Aditya

luis_bustamante
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Glad to hear it works for you now, I've updated a guide on emergency access I'm working on which will be uploaded in the AC section of our BPX website in the next couple of weeks.

Answers (0)