Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro Application slowness

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am working in Netweaver 7.0

I have a webdynpro application which uses ARFC in order to execute a BAPI model object connected to the Action handler of a button.

The response, after the button is clicked for the firsttime , is taking a long time.

But once the response has been shown, the subsequent execution of the model object takes very less time.

Why is this difference?

Is there anything we can do to improve this ?

Share your ideas,

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaminathan,

Most of the times there might be issue with back end function module or the bapi used in this functionality.

Run the FRC/BAPI in back end with the same data and see if there is a difference in performance.

Ask your ABAPer and basis to check this FM and do the performance tuning.

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182534
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Swaminathan,

You have read the Norms but you have missed the section where it says that you should not overload the model by making it too big so try to create one more model and try to balance the load with the other model . And one more thing group the models as per the use.

Regards

Piyas Kumar Das.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe too many rfc in one model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

But according to best practice we need to put as many RFCs into a single RFC Model as long as it is from the same backend system right?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no, check the best practice again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI John,

I have reference to the best practice here

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/604ddc2f-ec9c-2b10-1682-be37e1c62dee

As per this, on page 41, you can see , it has been mentioned

Put as many RFCs in a single Adaptive RFC model as possible.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following comments I will make is based on my experience.

As per your hyperlink, you would be right. Having "many" FM's per "Model" would be "best practice", but I think this takes into consideration only connection pooling.

In the real-world, this leads to inflated Models, barely re-usable, very 'costly' in Development Time, Build Time and Deployment Time. A fine tuning of JCO Connections is usually better than follow that (again, this is my opinion as a software developer).

Another thing you should be aware of is how the underlying layer works (JCO). If the Model has never been used (Not Cached!) it will take expensive time to build the metadata and modeldata into the destinations. As a 'work-around', (I've never did this, I'm not even sure if this would work) is to create a J2EE Application and 'read' the whole thing at server startup.

Also, be sure to be "caching" both destinations, this is a good 'performance' improvement.

Hope this information helps somehow,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Point taken.

But will it be an issue for performance after deployment, ie assume deployment is done. While in actual production environment will this be an issue for performance?