Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Transport Request for a report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having 2 Transport requests for the same Z report (classical report).

I have transported both of them to quality on after another with different modifications in both of them.

Now i want to transport it to Production.

I want to know do i need to transport both the requests or do i need to transport only the last

Transport request to production ?

Please help <removed by moderator>.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Jun 16, 2011 10:33 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If both requests have the same objects under them, you can send the latest one.

If you have even teh slightest doubt on this... then send both of them in the correct sequence.

6 REPLIES 6

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The safest procedure is to have both transport requests imported at the same time. TMS will take care of the correct sequence (the tp program to be exact), and you are not in danger of missing any dependent objects that might be contained in either of the transports.

Thomas

former_member212713
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi;

You have 2 choice;

1. You can make stms process one by one for 2 req.

2. You can get new req. at quality sistem then included old 2 request. after send prod.

Both are possible.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If both requests have the same objects under them, you can send the latest one.

If you have even teh slightest doubt on this... then send both of them in the correct sequence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better way to do what sap_wiz suggest..

Regards,

Dhina..

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP Best practice there shouldnt be any floating TRs in Quality system which are not moved to Production. Which means all the transports which move from Dev to Quality should be moved to Production. If there is any unwanted change which is moved due to a TR, then a correction request should be created & released to subsequent systems.

Hence in your case move both the TRs in the same sequence to Production.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Prashant

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to stress again that the safest procedure is not to manually determine the import sequence as suggested here several times, which gets more and more difficult as the number of transports and object dependencies increase, but rather to mark all relevant transports in STMS and have them imported together. The system will determine the correct import sequence automatically based on the export timestamps.

Thomas