Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate Scanner with SAP

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!!

Normally when we scan a document or so, we can actually get the mail into our inbox. In the same way, can we integrate the scanner with SAP? This seems to be possible but I couldn't get any useful info or document on this. Can somebody please give their inputs? Our requirement is to run some program once a document is scanned through scanner.

Your help is highly appreciable.

Note: Please inform me the correct forum, if this is not.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With ECC6, It is possible to scan paper documents (like invoices) with bar codes and to make a link with the ECC6 business document. Therefore it is possible to display the invoice image from the ECC6 transaction.

Look for "early archiving" and "late archiving" in ECC6 documentation.

With 3rd party software and some cutom developement we were even able to use OCR, to create automatically the business document in ECC6.

PS : I hope for you that the requirement is more precise than "run some program once a document is scanned through scanner"

Regards,

Olivier

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is perfectly possible. Its usually done using Archivelink into a repository... also theres plenty of 3rd party tools to automate the procedure.

Theres plenty of info on help.sap.com, read

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5e/566039b85f9443e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Juan