Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In BDC we need to read screen value of table control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I was doing a feasibility analysis. One BDC is there where we will have to insert records in table control based on some records of 1st column of table control already populated. We are unable to find a way for reading table control. The BDC is generating batch input session. Can you please suggest on this?

Best wishes,

Atanu

4 REPLIES 4

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can't read the table control.

You have to read database table lines and simulate in an internal table, how the table control should look like, and then fill your BDC table depending on those contents.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for your suggestion. We do not know the sequence in which the table control will be populated, we need to populate data im 4th column looking into the 1st column of table control. This is partial payment in FB05 transaction.

Best wishes,

Atanu

0 Kudos

Hi Atanu,

with BDC, the only possibility is to do as Klaus suggested: you must replicate the SAP's logic in your program, you must know in advance how SAP fills this field. This is a very well known drawback of BDC. You may use the SQL trace to help you to know which tables are read. Ask functional people to help you.

You may also use SAP GUI scripting, that's another technology (slower I think, and it can only work in dialog). It allows to do different actions between 2 screens. You must program it using OLE, or using external software (VBA for example).

Sandra

0 Kudos

Thanks Sandra. I was also thinking in the same way. I have awarded you points.