cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install PDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing problem of SAP GUI 720 crash sometimes while printing Adobe forms. Now SAP requested me to install the pdb file for GUI 720 on the client machine to debug this error in detail.

But when I try to install, its asking me to unzip the file in specific location. After I do unzip, its not having any exe file to run any setup.

My friendds, I am totally new to this pdb file and never met this kind of requirements before.

Regards,

Ramesh,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear Ramesh

please follow the note step by step, it explain in details the procedure.

But please check the right PDB files. It must be the same as the Sapgui Patch level is.

Unzip the files into the SAPGUI folder of your sapgui installation and

overwrite the files when you aksed for overwirte the files.

Thats all.-

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Thanks for your immediate reply.

Are you telling about note - 503115, it I have seen this note only tell us the purpose behind the installing this pdb file but not how to install.

Also as you said,copy and replace the zip content in the SAPgui installation, you mean in C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui

Please provide me some details steps, I have installed the SAP GUI 720 with patch 6.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh

no, i mean the Note 520688.

Ok, please downlaod the PDB file

gui720_pdb_6-10007878.exe

from the SAP market place....

PLEASE NOTE: it exist also 2 hotfixes for the Sapgui patch 6 !

( Hotfix 1 and Hotfix2 )

If you have also installed the Hotfixes for the Sapgui patch 6 then you must do this with

the other PDB files ( gui720_pdb_06_1-10007878.exe OR gui720_pdb_06_2-10007878.exe )

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that the PDB files are in th right relations with the Sapgui patch level.

And yes, i mean the installation folder

C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui

In this folder please unzip the files and overwrite existing files.

Best Regards.

Sven

Answers (0)