cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about how workflow reacts on OM changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are on the testing phase of implement SAP Business workflow for some processes and using our OM structure to define work item routing rules.

My questions is:

In our case we have Employees assigned to positions which in turn are assigned to Jobs, so we are using the Job to define who can receive a particular work item.

So we have Employee A and Employee B, both in the same job, and when a certain step is executed both of them will receive a work item.

What happens if in the meantime, before the said work item is executed, there is a change in the OM structure, thus changing the Job for Employee B? Will the workflow be able to detect that there was a change in the OM structure and remove the work item from Employee B inbox?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I understand it, workitems are (ultimatey) sent to users so changing the org structure won't make any difference - except if you re-evaluate the agents and the workitem was sent to positions or org structures etc.

As Rob says, just test it and you'll know.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you make a change in the om in production you should refresh the HR buffer ( SWU_OBUF)

I think that when a workitem is created agent determination for that single workitem is carried out and the workitem is sent to the users inboxes, so changing it after agent determination is done probably doesn't change the workitems.

But then again you can test this quite easily in a development environment.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans