cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing Problem in Installation of SAP 4.7 ext 200

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am trying to install central instance of SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.7 200 on my SUN machine. Every thing went fine until at IGS installation phase while extraction where it gives me error as below.

Please note I am performing this installation on Sun Solaris 9 and Database is Oracle 9.2

-

MUT-03010 Running the command "/usr/sap/LTD/DVEBMGS00/igs/bin/igswd_mt '-versio

n'" finished with status TST_ERROR.

• Transaction end **********************************************************

WARNING 2011-06-16 00:25:27

The step checkVersion with step key SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent

ind

ind

ind

ind

ind

IGS

ind

ind

ind

IGS

ind

Install_IGS_unattended

ind

ind

ind|ind|ind|0|checkVersion executed with status ERROR.

WARNING 2011-06-16 00:25:27

An error occurred during the installation.

I have installed SAP many times on my servers due to disasters, software corruptions, but never faced this one. Kindly help.

Regards

Waqas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

is that something related to environment variable setting. Or is that may be corruption of IGS_Software CD which I copied. Kindly help I am really facing a deadline.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Waqas

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
ind|ind|ind|0|checkVersion executed with status ERROR.

It seems your IGS Software is corrupted. Download it again from SMP and then try with newer one.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dea All,

Problem is solved. I want to share the experience as due to problem in SAN, filesystems were re-created, so I tried fresh installation, but after sevral tries and re copying of CDs, I planned to remove files copied during installation in sampnt/<SID>/ and

/usr/sap/<SID> etc to have a new try. but sudden thing came into my mind that why not deleting <SID>adm profiles which were in my /home folder and please note these files were not removed due to SAN problem as they were in /home/

So I deleted all profiles and then I tried installation again and it worked.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos
installation on Sun Solaris 9 and Database is Oracle 9.2

Oracle 9i is out dated, upgrade your Oracle to 11 (10g is also going to be out-dated).

On your initial issue, paste the error lines from your installation log file.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Loy,

Error messages between lines are pasted from the installation error log file.

Regards

Waqas