Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of Job Created

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am executing a custom program which is calling standard program which is generating a job. The job name changes based on date and time created.

I know there is a way to check status of job in SM37.

Can anyone tell me another way to check status of the job created because i dont know what would be the job name which will be created.

But i need to check its status from my custom program when i click on certain button and not through SM37.

Can anyone help me on this as i dont know the job name or job number?

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at this table : TBTCO

Input the created date and user who created the job to get the needed information.

rgds,

p/s: you can search around before asking as many posts in sdn or in other webs may contain the things you need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Use FM BP_FIND_JOBS_WITH_PROGRAM for searching job by passing program name

FM will provide the list all jobs select proper one based on creation date and time

Regaridng status u need to use FM BP_JOB_STATUS_GET'

It will provide you Job status.

Please check above two FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose there is a scenario in which multiple users sharing same user name executes my custom program. due to which so many jobs will be created how will the user identify now that which job is his and which one belong to other ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am executing a custom program which is calling standard program which is generating a job. The job name changes based on date and time created.

>

> I know there is a way to check status of job in SM37.

> Can anyone tell me another way to check status of the job created because i dont know what would be the job name which will be created.

>

> But i need to check its status from my custom program when i click on certain button and not through SM37.

> Can anyone help me on this as i dont know the job name or job number?

Hello,

How do you call a standard program?

You can try using this code for determining the job name and job number.

SUBMIT <program>
  WITH SELECTION-TABLE <tab>
  VIA JOB gv_name NUMBER gv_number
  AND RETURN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am calling the standard program throught submit statement only via job number...

The standard program is generating a new job in between. Its a store job

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did it by my own.