cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created 2 distribution channel 00 & 01 in golden client.Now my client requires only one dist channel 00.But i have made all the assignments.So my problem is tat i would transport the same into QAS.Before i transport i would like to delete the dist chann 01 in golden client.So when i transfer into QAS i don need 01 ne longer.

Can i delete the assignment of dist chann 01 in Golden client and transfer the same request in QAS.I would like to know the impact if i delete in Golden client.Will it effect in future.I will create new request for deletion of 01 but i would be transfering the configuration whic i created earlier which contains 01 data but i will delete it before i transfer it to QAS.

What are the precautions need to be taken if i delete the 01.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Shri..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shri,

You can definitely do it.

You will have to import the first request first(with 00 and 01). The import the cancelled request.

One more way I would suggest you is that delete both in golden client with a non transportable request.

Create one distribution channel 00 save it. Then move that request. So you will have only one request to move

which will avoid confusion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adhitya,

Do you have any other alternatives.

Thanks

Shri..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

These are the only two methods I am aware of.

This will work. However you can wait for experts inputs on this.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Shrii,

If you have created the 00 & 01 Disth Channels Request in Golden Client itself then just Delete all the assignements of 01 & then the 01 channel itself in Golden Client.

Make sure to save the delete assignements & Delete 01 request in the Original Request itself.

This will make sure that config remains same in Golden & QAS servers.

Also make sure to delete the 01 channel from other clients in Development server, if any...

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, If you not tranported to QAS, please delete 01 and and save in same request and move, there will not be any issue,

if any issue in QAS, you may correct in DEV and move again to QAS with new request.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shrii,

You can delete the distribution channel 01 and also all the other assignments and save in the same request with which you created (if you created 00 and 01 in the same request)

If you have 2 separate requests for 00 and 01, then delete 01 and save in the request which you created 01.

Then relabel is as 'DO NOT TRANSPORT'.

The above methods holds good if you are yet to transport the requests to QAS.

If you have transported the request to QAS, then you have 2 options based on whether you have made 00 and 01 as single or seperate requests.

If its single request, then delete the 01 in golden client and save in a request and sent to QAS.

When you transport the earlier request to PRDN, you have to sent this new request also to PRDN after the first one.

If its a seperate request, then you need not transport further the request created for 01 to PRDN.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles