Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic DropDown is repeated on Dynamic Subform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario:

I am developing an offline interactive form.

In the form i have dynamic SubForm (add/delete button).

In the dynamic SubForm, i have:

1 DropDown with ticked "Allow Custom Text Entry".

1 button to connect to SAP web service and return the table for the DropDown binding.

For example, let's say the DropDown is for material.

Objective:

User can enter material description with wild card, press the button, SAP will return the list of materials. The dynamic binding will do the magic to generate the DropDown.

Issue:

For simplicity, let me explain the issue with example.

1. User enter A* in the DropDown of the 1st subform and click the button. DropDown is generated with all material start with 'A'.

2. User click add button, the 2nd subform is added.

3. User enter B* in the DropDown of the 2nd subform and click the button. DropDown is generated with all material start with 'B'.

What happened after the 3rd step is: the DropDown in the 1st subform changed and now list all materials start with 'B', which is not what i want to achieve. I know the system behaves correctly because of the dynamic binding.

Kindly advise how to solve this.

Version:

SAP BASIS: 700 level 0023

Adobe LiveCycle Designer v8.1.2

Thanks in advance !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I am facing a problem regarding Dropdown lists in Subform.

I want the top dropdown list values on all bottom left dropdown lists when I press the button.

The bottom left dropdown lists are in the subforms. So When I use java script like this :

data.Daten.Daten.Daten.Data.DropDown.rawValue =  data.Daten.Aktion.DropDown.rawValue;

It does only change first dropdownlist value, not others.

Please provide solution that How can I change all dropdown lists of a Subform dynamically?

Waiting for reply.

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

The problem will persist as every instance of the dropdown is bound to the same parameter in web service.

However you can try below solution:

Instead of giving a drop down give it as a normal input field with a search button with it(looking like any field with search help in SAP).

Something looking as below:

Dropdown(Now a textfield): __________________[?]

Now on click of the button [?] one pop-up should open with one field to search and one table to display values with one radiobutton column to select the value.

Something looking as below:

Search Parameter:_________A*_________ [Search]

MAterial

Description

-

o

ABCD

<Description>

-

Use the same subform to show like a pop up for every instance on the "Dropdown" field. Make sure the selected row populates value in relevant instance of the dropdown. For that you have to write the script.

This seems a little bit complex but would look nice once developed. Try if you find it useful.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you have direct binding for the dropdown with web service parameter. If so, remove the direct binding. Place a new textEdit / dropdown which is hidden in the layout. Give direct binding to this new element. In the exit event of your original dropdown, populate the hidden dropdown with user entered value (A, B etc..). Call web service, get the corresponding values and populate the subforms.

Regards,

Sanoosh