cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Key for External processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a work center for external process and a control key created for external as well. In setting up the control key I choose "automatic goods receipt" and "confirmation required".

Then I have 2 semi parts A and B. Same routings are created for them with the work center and control key mentioned above.

When I create production orders for A and B, I can get a purchase requisition for external process and convert it to a PO. Further when I make a goods receipt to the PO, the production orders are marked with status "CNF". What's surprising me is only for part A the goods receipt of production order is done automatically when the PO is done with goods receipt. No "DLV" for the B production order.

I compare the material master of A and B - can't see any difference...

Please give me some suggestion on where I should look into. Thanks a lot in advance.

yu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Further when I make a goods receipt to the PO, the production orders are marked with status "CNF".

Don't know where you get that info from. The status would be EODL if GR qty. matches the ordered qty.

So now go to the production order of A & check who has posted the confirmation, likewise check in order for B, there would be no CNF, so post confirmation for the same & system will do auto GR as per the setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both of the production orders get "CNF" status when the GR for PO is posted. But only A production order gets "DLV". For B production order I have to make a manual GR to get DLV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you upload screenshot of CO14, which shows the confirmation details (all tabs) + the production order header & operation tab + COGI for production order of B part

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least I can see the difference now.

The scenario is still a production order with an external processing operation (PO to supplier).

When I use movement type 101 to GR the PO, the production order gets CNF and DLV

When I use movement type 103+105 to GR the PO, the production order gets nothing and the external processing operation just gets EODL.

For QC process, we choose to use 103 to GR the PO first and 105 is made when quality check is finished. Is there any solution for this issue?

Yu

Former Member
0 Kudos
When I use movement type 101 to GR the PO, the production order gets CNF and DLV

In the above statement PO - Purchase Order or PO - Production Order ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

PO means Purchase order to the external processing supplier

Former Member
0 Kudos

A GR posting for a Purchase Order will not update the confirmation status on the order / operation. It would just put EODL or EOPD on the operation depending on the GR & Order qty.

So if a GR on Purchase Order is posting a confirmation on the operation automatically it means there is some enhancement, check with your technical team.

Alternatively if you can upload screenshots asked earlier along with the status change document for CNF at operation level, maybe can provide some meaningful info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Can you tell me how to upload a picture? When I look into the details of confirmation, I find the confirmation type is actually "Confirmation was entered manually". I don't know why because it was confirmed automatically

yu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can upload screenshots to any portal (eg: picasaweb etc) & paste the link here

The reason you see the confirmation was posted manually is because confirmation needs to be posted for external operation, I still don't know where you get the idea that it gets auto posted once you post GR for a purchase order.

Answers (0)