cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding new ehp5 ess wda hress_a_menu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys need a bit if help so a kindly chip in:

1. requirement : global implementation of ess ehp5 based on wd-abap. so I have country based folders in pcd which have individual ess wda roles and these roles should call separate lpd_cust related roles in the backend.

My plan of action was:

1. to find a function similar to the homepage frame work based stuff which was valid till ehp4 where we just assign different zareas/zsubareas as parameters in iviews/pages. There must be something similar to this in wd-abap based ess role now right?

2. So I copied std ess folder into my custom namespace folder in pcd. (complete copy)

3. opened iview overview in preview mode.

4. changed the config to point to my new zess role in the lpd_cust tcode in backend.

Problem is : I still see all the sap std delivered role services only.

Did bit of investigation: option-1

1. this over view calls wda application hress_a_menu and ther eis another paramenter called hress_ac_menu. (I am not a techie so my description could tend to be a bit naive henceforth)

2. SO can I copy this hress_a_menu into say zhress_a_menu_molga namespace for all my countries? This option will enable me to pass separate parameters to individual country specific roles in different pcd folders on the portal front. I should also then be able to call separate lpd_cust roles using these z wdabap applications ... am I right in this assumption? If yes have any of you done this before? can you share your thoughts around this please?

Option2:

1. Is it possible to use badi hress_menu to call different lpd roles based on my criteria? if yes how will I do this? how will my different overview iviews start rendering the different lpd roles? I am lost here in trying to relate the portal with the backend lpd role individually. any pointers?

option-3:

now I am really shooting from the hip --> should I copy the whole paoc_ess package and its contents into z-namespace and then think on how to deal with this? I read a few messages here that advise against it... though...

appreciate your thoughts on this guys.. thank you for your time.

cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now i am at my wits end let me put what i know so far and this is what I just did guys:

1. overview iview has 2 parametrs : hress-a_menu is the wda application and the hress_ac_menu is the wda component config.

2. When I go to configure this combo in fpm or via the preview mode of iview: the component config hress_cc_menu_ovp is called.

3. the uibb button in this calls the configuration hress_cc_menu_are_group.

Now all of the above have my custom lpd name in their values. still I see the sap std ess services only, why?

Now what I did earlier today was:

1. copied hress_ac_menu into z name space zhress_ac_menu. then in configure mode I went and checked the uibb config to ensure it is calling my z lpd role.

2. I changed the overview iview parameter in portal to point to zhress-ac_menu,... did a preview works like a charm in preview mode still

3. I navigate to the role in portal --> end up with the ess std lpd role again...

what am I doing wrong? what am I not doing right? any ideas guys? I did a post in the ess forum as well on this and am waiting for some pointers from folks who have gone down this path before.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok guys some element of success now:

1. remember I did the zhress_ac_menu ... that was required.

2. then I also had to copy the hress_cc_menu_ovp into zhress_cc_menu_ovp

3. Then i did the uibb config in the zhress thingy from point 2 to point to my lpd_cust.

4. went to pcd and gave the zhress_ac_menu parameter in my iview.

5. went to the role using the normal navigation:

I can see my role from lpd_cust rendered properly.

But he problem is the 'map' view is not working in the sense 'Personal Information' (analogous to the area page in ehp4)is a folder in the lpd role and a link with a description below in the portal map view. you click on the link it takes to the (subarea) which as all personal info related services in it. Now when I click on this link it gives a javascript()void error at the bottom of the IE window. and nothing is displayed.

If I go to the direcxtory view I can go to any service I want.

Alternately if I customised any service to be shown as a quick link it is visible in map view as a quick link and it works.

So i am successful to an extent, but I still have the problem of the map-view not working.

Any pointers on this? Am off now going to get some sleep tonight Thanks guys once again.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for sharing your solution.

Currently my map-view is also having the same issue as yours.Can you please confirm if you have already resolved this issue.? If yes can you please share the solution?

Thanks & Regards

Sahil Kohli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I resolved this issue by modifying the component configuration ZHRESS_CC_MENU_OVP by tweaking some setting in Edit Page section.

Thanks

Sahil