cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCA Functional Area Report Problem With Co-Product Settlements

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have built a profit center functional area report for use in a manufacturing client. The reason is because the factory cost centers flow to the product cost (via costing sheets) and the administrative cost centers are expensed monthly. However, SAP seems to have no other approach to handle the issue where common expense elements must be reported in these two separate sections. Anyway, here is my problem:

After creating the functional areas and matching them to each cost center appropriately and then applying a different functional area to orders, I see that settlement of co-products causes my report to zero out the functional area that should match the overhead cost centers. These obviously should not be impacted by settlement and I see that they are not impacted in the transactional data. However, the functional area report shows a different story. I believe it somehow has to do with the unusual way that co-product split up and settle versus other types of orders. I may need some sort of subtitution rule, but like I said, the raw transactional data looks correct and the report should bring in these values.

I used ledger 8A if that helps. I am sure I missed some small thing somewhere.

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks to me like the New G/L may have taken care of some of my issue. The FI reconciliation G/L account (690000 usually) includes the secondary cost center postings as well as the secondary order postings. The cost center side of the secondary transaction reflects the functional area for cost centers (Factory Exp or Admin Exp in my case), whereas the order side of the secondary posting shows the functional area associated with order consumption (Net Consumption in our case).

This appears to mean that the standard report for Functional Areas from FI should work to break up the income statement for manufacturing purposes. This report is S_PLO_86000029. That report looks to me like it will replace my need for a PCA based Functional Area Report.

David