SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device & Register Group

ricky_shaw
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How do i get device for a Specific Register Group.

I know there will be multiple registers for device. But is the reverse true?

Thanks

Ricky

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

Register group is independent object of device. In other words, we create some generic register group whose characteristics are general most of the devices. So, when we create device, we assign register group. Based on register group, either single register or multiple register is assigned to device.

We also have an option to change register group after device is created. So, there is no direct relationship as such between device and register group. It can change.

You can find devices which have register group from transaction EG06 and click Where-used list.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I did a where used list in device-list for EG06.

I got the list of devices using that register group. Is there a table or view that can give such an output?

I can get the register group (ZWgruppe) from V_EGER or EGERH.

But i need the tables, FM..etc to get the device(s) when we pass Register group.

Thanks

Ricky

0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

Please use FM ISU_DB_EGER_SELECT_EZWG where in X_ZWGRUPPE field you can pass the register group and after executing this FM you will get all the device details in T_V_EGER structure. GERAET field in structure T_V_EGER contains the serial number of the device.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use function module ISU_DB_EGER_SELECT_EZWG where you can pass register group and get list of devices.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Avinash