cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group tree does not always render data in ActiveX viewer

dave_smith2
Participant
0 Kudos

We are using Crystal XI R2 and the RDC/ASP interface to render reports in the ActiveX viewer. The web server is a Windows 2008 R2 64 bit machine.

Yes, I know it is not supported but I was hoping someone may have a workaround.

We got the ActiveX viewer to render by making the noted fix to rptserver.asp but the problem we are now facing is that on certain reports, the group tree pane will not render all the data properly and comes up blank. The main report pane is no problem and displays the data fine. The problem seems to be related to the amount of data that the group tree pane is displaying and some reports will render it properly whereas others will not.

Anyone seen a similar problem before and have any clues as to how to correct it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
dave_smith2
Participant
0 Kudos

SP6 is already installed. Any other ideas?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does it work on WIN 2003 server?

The problem seems to be related to the amount of data that the group tree pane is displaying and some reports will render it properly whereas others will not.

If as a test if you filter the data so there is less of it, does the group tree pane appear on these reports?

Make sure the 'DisplayGroupTree' property is not set to False.

- Ludek

Edited by: Ludek Uher on Jun 17, 2011 6:55 AM

dave_smith2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. It does work on Windows 2003. That property is set to true.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As much as I hate to admit it, giving up on WIN 2008 may be the thing to do. I've been fighting another WIN 2008 issue on a paid phone case for the last two weeks with not much success. And I'm really getting tired of XI R2 on WIN 2008 issues. As per the Platforms text (attached), CR XI R2 is not supported on WIN 2008...

- Ludek

Answers (0)