cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REM profile for MTS and MTO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created REM profile in SPRO By default it gets created with order type RM01 and something called PKMN.

I read in one of the thread as : The order type for make-to-order repetitive manufacturing is SA. The order type for make-to-stock repetitive manufacturing is PKMN.

Kindly let me know where do we define that REM profile is for MTS or MTO? how to do that?? How to create REM profile with order type SA?? By default why it is PKMN?

Kindly provide some info on this.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If my understanding is correct then by default this production type PKMN is assigned during REM profile creation where in

it works only Repetitive manufacturing with product cost collectors and REM with production type SA is no more supported.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mangalraj,

But where do we define a REM profile as MTO or MTS?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MTS or MTO, totally depend on strategy which you have maintained in the material Master.

Strategy 10-Make to Stock,Strategy-20-MAke to order, in MRP-3

Regards'

Bhupendra Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As other friends told is right, there is no differentiation at config level for REM Profile in REM Scenario. You need to maintain strategy group in MRP-3 view based on your business requirement for MTS / MTO.

However, in transaction MFBF(REM : Confirmation) you will get 3 tabs namely : Make-to-stock, Make-to-order & Production by lot. There you can choose suitable tab based on your scenario of MTS or MTO.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards,

Tejas

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

One configuration related setting that may not come during MTO REM profile is it does not propose any option for Reporting

point backflush as this is possible only in MTS scenario.

Likewise in MFBF for MTO scenario only assembly backflush is possible.(MTS - Assembly/component/activity are possible).

Regards

Mangalraj.S