cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Item UDF To Pick List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I have done a bunch of research on here and it seems this is (absurdly) not possible but I am looking to add a location UDF to my pick list in the SAP Print Layout Designer.

I am using the B1 core, I know I can go and buy a warehouse add on, etc. but I believe that this functionality should be possible.

It's also worth noting that we do not use Crystal Reports because it is incredibily slow and inefficient to render and print.

I have a UDF on an item called 'U_Location' -- is there any way to make this show up on the printed pick list? I tried to add the field (by clicking 'Alt' on the field source drop down and selecting OITM, relating OITM ItemCode to the pick list item code, and then the UDF to item, but I was getting the 1st record from the database every time (it was not corresponding to the pick list part #).

Edited by: Chris Candido on Jun 15, 2011 9:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris......

If you still want to go with PLD then Do this....

Go To Design view of PLD for the Pick List Document.

Go to Content tab in Properties window

Select database field where you want this data of UDF to be appeared.

Hold Alt Key and Click on Table dropdown field.

This will bring you the complate database tables from where you can find the UDF in OITM Table and you can link here in this PLD........

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

I have tried exactly what you are suggesting. However, I was unable to relate OITM to the pick list; is there a correct way to do this?

What I did was create a hidden field for OITM ItemCode which I related to the itemcode on the pick list.

I then related the OITM U_Location UDF to the OITM itemcode field

However, this did not work.

Any thoughts?

Answers (0)