cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax calcualtion EXIT_SAPLFYTX_USER_001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tax is calculated from Vertex,

If Sold-to is non-taxable then donu2019t do any further check, if it is taxable then check further if ship-to is taxable and determine the appropriate state tax rate from Vertex.

To check the logic whether sold-to or ship-to are taxable or not I am doing the logic in user exit EXIT_SAPLFYTX_USER_001.

So if Sold-to is non-taxable then what fields do I need to change/check so tax is not calculated from Ship-to.

I think need to assign this field ch_user_changed_fields-exemp_ind = '0'. Is '0' correct?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you don't need to do with user exit. Go to path SPRO->Sales and distribution -> Basic function ->taxes->maintain sales tax identification number determination. Here for the sales organization, maintain value A in the tax number column. This is standard way. If you still want to use user exit, then you can use USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK in program MV45AFZZ to pull the sold-to party tax code into VBAK-TAXK1 field.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shivaram,

thanks for the reply.

I want to pass mediatype of material as the field to determine tax from Vertex. But I don;t see that field in CI_TAX_INPUT_USER in exit EXIT_SAPLFYTX_USER_001.

I have appened the structure with field ISMMEDIATYPE, but it's not getting populated in this userexit. I am checking this using VA01/VA02.

If I get mediatype field value I think I can pass this in ch_user_changed_fields-user_data....

Is this the right way to do?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

With option A = generally from sold-to party

The tax shall be collected based on SP and not from SH. Is that correct? If yes, then it would not suit this requirement.

option C = destination country from SH could be an way...but again if SP is NOT Taxable then will system still go to SH, for tax based calculations?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"I want to pass mediatype of material as the field to determine tax from Vertex."

Where is this field "Media type"? and what does it do?

When I understand Mediatype, maybe I can suggest something with Tax classification etc. etc.

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is this field "Media type"? and what does it do?

You can see Mediatype field in JP28/JP29 of material. Basically want to pass extra field to Vertex for filtering the Tax based on Mediatype also.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had similar scenario (but not mediatype) and we handled by populating material number in the prodcode field of the tax interface for getting exemptions for certain customers. I am not familiar with Vertex and our scenario was with Taxware. We got nice help from Taxware support team.

First you need to get help from Vertex support team and check with them on whether mediatype can be a value for tax calculations/exemptions. I assume you can't use mediatype as field, instead you can use prodcode. Usint the user exit you have mentioned, for mediatype materials, you can populate prodcodes, and that can be used for tax calculations/exemptions. So my suggestion would be first check with Vertex customer support to get clear idea.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

any suggestions are welcome on this.