cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using different hierarchy in a query and last value error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

there is a hierarchy for customers in the 0Customer Infoobject which I should use in my query.

I have activated the hierarchy in the query and now some results are not appearing but red crosses "x" are shown.

And the error message: The function Calculate Results as ... could not be applied everywhere.

I know that I am using the result as "last value" for some columns because I need them there (for example: to determine the last value for the credit limit of the current month). I think these columns where I am using the last value calculation are only affected.

I mean my query has a lot of characteristics and key figures and I was told that a hiearchy for customers which is available should be used. But now there are these red crosses.

I don´t see any other solution as not to use this specific hierarchy.

Has anybody a suggestion what could be an argument to use or not to use a hierarchy?

Is it sometimes like in my case that a hierarchy is not possible to use?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is restriction on hierarchy and it does not work with calculate results as option.

You can use an attribute of customer to model this hierarchy requirement to achieve final results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I can´t imagine how to do that with attributes. Do you know a how-to which explains this?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

say for example your customer hierarchy is customers grouped under region. You can maintain this region as one of the attribute of customer and you can display this attribute in the report. Indirectly, this will give similar output to that of hierarchy.

But lot depends on how your hierarchy is formed, before commenting whether it can be moved to master data attributes.

Thanks.

Answers (0)