cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Error in IE8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

in the WebUI i search for accounts - in the result list i press on the 'personalize' icon (pliers icon) and get the following browser error:

An error has occured in the script on this page

Line:76

Char:89

Error:Invalid argument.

Code:0

http://[host]/sap(====)/bc/bsp/sap/bsp_wd_base/popup_buffered_frame_cached.htm?sap-client=300&sap-la...

I use IE8 in compatibility mode

WEBCUIF 700 0002 SAPK-70002INWEBCUIF

and just implemented notes

but the error still occurs

What else can i do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found the solution by debugging the java script - the script error was linked to the host name (written as /host/ in my posting for privacy reasons) and a insufficient entry in the windows hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. How do you debug javascript code? Should I activate anything on browser and/or SAP server side?

Thanks...

robert_smith9
Explorer
0 Kudos

The error usualy comes around becasue of the FQDN, i.e the server is missing the .com or .org ending or whatever it is.

So for example if your servers host name is "myserver" add <IP> <myserver> to the host file on your PC and server, mine will read as below.(xxx = ip)

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx myserver.com

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx myserver

So it has two entries it can resolve, when you visit your UI via the browser use the myserver.com, pop-ups should work.

BTW you cn debug in Firefox, it will more thank likely tell you there is a domain name issue.