cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS_RETRY_LIMIT... yes again...

shaun_jones
Explorer
0 Kudos

So I know there have been a bunch of posts regarding this tuning setting but after a day of looking I just can't find the answer so I apologise in advance if the answer is already out here.

I have a PI7.1 -> Proxy -> R3 interface. In certain instances I'll get a message on the local integration engine in the R3 system that will get set to "Application Error - Manual Restart Possible" status. I've set it up so that by scheduling RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES I can retry the message that has the error and this works fine.

The problem is I'm also trying to figure out how I can use the IS_RETRY_LIMIT procedure to automatically reprocess the message on the local integration engine without the need for scheduling the RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES job. No matter what I try it just never tries to restart the message and the status remains "Application Error - Manual Restart Possible". One potential reason that I've noticed is in the SOAP envelope of my message in the error status there is an entry in the ERROR section of the SOAP message which states:

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

I'm assuming the "M" means manual. Not sure if that's supposed to say "A" for automatic nor can I figure out where that may get set. I've checked the XI receiver adapter configuration in PI bu there's no place there to set the retry setting.

Any help/direction is appreciated and again apologize if the answer is already in the forum. I just couldn't find it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer this [link |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2728] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];for your need.

shaun_jones
Explorer
0 Kudos

Baskar,

Thanks for the reply. I've seen that note several times but it doesn't quite answer my question. I'll keep looking and post my findings when I discover the solution.

Answers (0)