cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility of using both Fixed Qty & Variable scrap in BOM

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am having a business case for which I am looking for various alternative solutions.

Industry : Pharma

Standard SAP Scenario : When PO is created, required Qty is calculated considering the Scrap % / fixed qty of the components maintained in BOM

Business Case: Irrespective of Process Order Qty, some components in BOM have fixed scrap. Besides Variable scrap is also applicable. Due to the std SAP behaviour, the required qty present of the components in the order is always less than that is physically required . Due to this, Client has to raise additional material request which they want to avoid doing in future.

So the client requires that the requirement quantity should consider both variable and Fixed scrap .

Eg of components are: Packaging Materials ( Leaflets, Consumables for cleaning etc)

Possible solutions I have identified are:

1) For orders with variable qty, Increase the % scrap for the relevant components in BOM.( This might result in extra material return)

2) Increase the requirement qty of the relevant components in BOM . (This will also result in material return as variable scrap qty will increase in this case )

Please let me know if there are any alternative solutions /User exits / OSS notes.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Yours approach is correct.

Regards

Bhupendra Singh

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply...

Gurus Please do let me know if anyone working in the pharma ind has faced a similar issue...

Regards