Limitations of Business Process Flow BPF NW 7.5
As per my understanding following are the current limitations of Business Process Flow BPF in BPC NW 7.5
1) Only admin user can crate BPF instances. (In MS version 7.5 users using bpc client can create their own BPF instances)
2) There is no way admin can reset BPF instance for a particular user or for few users. (Business Scenario: While doing a budget for 2012 (3 month process and 5 steps BPF) out of 20000 User 5 user has completed final step by mistake and wanted to reopen the final step)
- BPF Owner/ Administrator cannot reset BPF instance for those 5 users. Can only reset for all users.
3) BPF will not work with dynamic structure. (frequent addition to entities) . (Business scenario: Company having 20000 profit center started budgeting for 2012FY in July 2011 which needs to be completed by October 2011. In those three months other extra 10 profit center per week will be created by business and want to budget as soon as profit center gets created)
Admin or Instance Owner cannot create instances for those additional Profit Centers as instance for the same category and time is exist.
4) No Custom menu toolbar if business decides not to use BPF and use Custom menu.
Current setting for Setting BPF is
Instance Identifier: Category and Time
Step driver region: Entity
Would appreciate your help/comment/agreement/disagreement with above.