When I use as01 to create an asset, the error occurs when I attempt to save:

error messages from depreciation caculation

01 Book depreciation

W677 Subsequent acquisition in depreciation area 01 1 althoug

long text:

Subsequent acquisition in depreciation area 01 although net book value 0

Message no. AA677

Diagnosis

A subsequent acquisition (during the fiscal year) was posted to depreciation area 01, although the net book value zero has already been reached in this year.

Due to the possible reduction of the depreciation amount, it is possible that the entire depreciation amount could become incorrect.

System Response

The system sends a warning.

If you are currently in the midst of posting a document, the document can still be posted.

Procedure

Refer to SAP Note 92260, which contains an exact description of the symptoms.

Check the depreciation amount. If the amount is actually incorrect, you have two options:

Change the period control of the depreciation key for subsequent acquisitions to 'start of year.'

Post subsequent acquisitions in such cases to subnumbers.

Offset the difference to the correction depreciation amount by making a manual adjustment posting.

I have carefully read the note 92260, it doesn't provide any help. But when I modify the depreciation key(delete cutoff value key), there will be no this error message. The question is, when I want to create an asset, I need to delete the cutoff value key in the depreciation key first, after created, add the cutoff value key.

So, do anyone also has this issue? Can you provide the solution? Thanks.

Edited by: geng82 on Jun 15, 2011 6:30 PM

Edited by: geng82 on Jun 15, 2011 6:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

OSS note 92260 (Incorrect depreciation for subsequent acquisitions) contains solution to your problem. Please check it and implement the solution given.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I have DONE as the Notes said, but the issue still exist, I can't save the asset. I guess some configuration is wrong, but i can't find which one.

Edited by: geng82 on Jun 16, 2011 9:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

where can we check the OSS notes in the system

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Please follow the link given , it will take you to the website. but i think they will require you to enter user name and password. This will be provided by SAP to your company . Ask basis person for that

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/support

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you