cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Components with PO

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like to avoid deleting components (we use CN33) with a PO. Or a way of identifying all the PO that have been created for deleted components in a project.

I've read this thread:

And I've tried in TCode OPSG to change "Delete component if purchase order exists Definition" field from W to E but I can't, it goes always back to an W. Why is this happening?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is a system design that subsequent changes are allowed in component despite of the existing PO. And changes are made to PR but not to PO. Therefore, when you do the changes, you only get some information or warning message like CN707, CN750, CN752 instead of error message to stop the process and they hard codeing in the program, so you can't

change the message to error message base on customizing settings. Hence, if you really want to stop the process by error message, then you need to modify the corresponding program, for example:

In the PS module, it sends message CN707 as I-message by design to allow flexible project management.

If you, however, desire the message CN707 to be of type E you have to modify the standard coding. Doing so, using SE91, you can invoke the where-used-list of message 707 in message class CN, and to change the

i707(cn)

to

e707(cn) where desired.

There is also an user exit CNEX0039 provides the possibility to reject the deletion of a component according to customers needs e. g. you may Check here whether a purchase order exists and reject the deletion.

These has been mentioned in the thread that you have found also.

Regards,

Rachel

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information, we will study the possibility of use the User-Exit you have told us.

But do you know any report where we could see all the PO of the deleted components?

Thanks,

mforman

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about SAP Note 137899?

We are working with "SAP ECC 6.0" so this note is older nevertheless talks about the same issue.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think answer for your question is already there in the thread which you have posted (another thread inside that).