cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value against one charact. copy to other as a range or against the MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are into product which is having variant configuration.

One of the characteristic is flange width. While entering the sales order user enters the dedired value against it say 300 mm.

The production order is generated against this SO (MTO scenario). After GRN the isnpection lot is created which has to be inspected (inspection type 04).

One of the master inspection characteristic is flange width.

Now my requirement,

I want to use flange width enetered in SO as a base for inspection, but not as a single value. If user has entered 300 mm then based upon the tolerance limit agreed by customer say +_3% the values for lower limit would be 291, value for upper limit would be 309.

Under normal condition I can assign this class characteristic to master inspetion characteristic (MIC) and make flow the value to inspection lot but that will be unique value and not with loer and upper limits.

I have thought of several options,

1. To make one dummy class characteristic and derived the values as an interval (in the abaove example 291 & 309) from the value entered against the main flange width. This dummy flange width will be assigned to the MIC. But I am stucked up at the object dependency, I can't write it to derive the range from single value. How to write that.

2. Second option. Make use of the value against the flange width and derive the lower, upper limit for the MIC at the time of inspection lot. I have come across enhancement QPAP002. Can you guide me for this?

Any one option will work for me as miracle......

Your timely help will be appreciated.

Mimiri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Mirmi,

I have an advice of using a technical character like for Eg INS_FLANGE_WDTH_MIN and INS_FLANGE_WIDTH_MAX. Now once the value for flange width is provided as per u r eg 300 MM.

Then in the profile for the same material have a procedure for setting the value of MIN and MAX from the calculation procedures assigned to the profile.

Using these two characteristics check the inspection.

Please check if this solves your issue.

I m afraid you cannot set the interval for a characteristic using procedures.

Thanking you in advance.

Check and reply me how it works.

Regards,

Kris.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris,

Thanks for your advice.

I ahve already teste this and it doesn't seve my purpose.

I can give only one reference of class characteristic to master inspection characteristic. If I go for MIN & MAX characteristic then this logic fails.

I need to have only range in the class characteristic.

Mimiri