Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Default Logic Question/ Issue

Can any experts out there tell me if there us a way to differentiate when data is sent from the default logic being manually run verses data being sent from an input template?

I have a situation where my users want a piece of logic to run only when sent from a particular input template. But if the default logic is run manually they want the logic to be skipped.

Here is my situation. I have a dimension called service. The users have two input template that populate values to service. The first template is to enter one service at a time and the second template is to enter values to a "default_service" member then the logic below spreads it across all services base on a property. And it is setup to be called from the default logic. The problem is there is another procedure that needs to run the default logic manually and when this happens The values in default_service get spread over all services even though the users didn't want that to happen at that time, only when they go into the template and update "Default_Service". I have attached the code below:

*XDIM_MEMBERSET CATEGORY=%CATEGORY_SET%

*XDIM_MEMBERSET ENTITY=%ENTITY_SET%

*XDIM_FILTER SERVICE=[Service].[H1].MEMBER_KEY = "DEFAULT_SERVICE"

*XDIM_MEMBERSET ACCOUNT = ALLOC_PCT

*XDIM_MEMBERSET DATASRC = INPUT

*XDIM_MEMBERSET TIME = %TIME_SET%

*SELECT (%SERVICE_PDAC%, "[ID]", "SERVICE", "[ALLOC_METHOD] = 'PDA-C'")

*IGNORE_STATUS

*IGNORE_SECURITY

*RUNALLOCATION

*FACTOR=1

*DIM SERVICE WHAT=DEFAULT_SERVICE; WHERE=%SERVICE_PDAC%; USING=<<<; TOTAL=<<<

*DIM ACCOUNT WHAT=ALLOC_PCT; WHERE=<<<; USING=<<<; TOTAL=<<<

*DIM DATASRC WHAT=INPUT; WHERE=<<<; USING=<<<; TOTAL=<<<

*ENDALLOCATION

*COMMIT

Any ideas you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question