cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Special procurement Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement for Production in another Plant.

I have set up Material 1 in Plant A to be procured in Plant B THROUGH SPECIAL PROCUREMENT KEY 40

I am getting a purchase order in Plant A and Two planned orders in Plant B. Not sure why I am getting two planned orders

How does this work ?

Am I meant to be using special procurement key 80? If so what are the settings?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A different between 40 and 80 is that:

1. 40 - stock transfer. The stock transfer request is generated in plant A to plant B during MRP run. The STR will be a demand in plant B, then after MRP run the Planned order to produced is created. You can produce and put into stock in plant B then transfer to plant A via stock transfer order (can be converted from STR). So there will be stock in both plant.

2. 80 - produce in another plant. You will use plant A as the planning plant and plant B as the production plant. The planned order is created in planning plant A but the component will obtain from production plant B. The goods receipt from production is posted to planning plant. No stock at production plant A for produced material.

For the two planned order you mentioned, did you look at the lot size? Did you see the Pl.rel.order as the minus quantity (demand from plant A). Were there two planned orders with plus quantity created?

Hope it helps.