cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of new storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP gurus,

Before SAP my client was having 3 storage locations and regularly the physical inventory process was going on. After SAP go-live now we have only one storage location so they are not doing the physical inventory because the responsible persons are different.

My client wants me to create two new storage locations. What all are system check I need to do before or after creating the storage location.

Thanks

Sha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok you can create two storage loactions for to carryout Physical inventory process.If you create two extra storage locations then your business process are they going to use to receipt and issues ?.If they do not then they have to move the stock from current storage location to new storage location to carry out physical inventory.My advice is in MI31 transaction Create 3 different type of varients to carry out 3 different persons and allowacate some plants to each one then you do with this one storage loaction.

If they want 3 storage locations then check with the business how they will get the stock into other newly created storage locations.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As you kow physical stock is at storage location level in sap,If you want to create new storgae location then you can create new storage location in sap

1)Use t-code OX09 ,you to create this in development server and then trasnfer in production server

2) assigen this storage location to your plant

3) then extend your material to new create storage location

4) transfer your material between new storage location and old storage location movement type 311

Regards

kailas ugale

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to extend the Materials to the newly created Storage Locations.

Also you have to carryout Stock Transfer b/w Storage Locations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can someone help me on this?