cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIDE Field in Product Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone please help me with hiding a product from the Product catalog?

The Purpose: I do not want to list a few products in the catalog, but need it be enabled for some other purposes.

What I usually do is , once I configure a product in the catalog, I replicate this to the TREX server to make it available in the Webchannel Search.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_foley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

You can use the product catalog view option to create a specific view of the product catalog with the products you wish to display. You then need to select the view in the shopadmin application for it to work in the webshop.

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since this is a custom feature you want to include, there are few ways you can do this.

If the products you "do not want to list" have any "special" product attribute you can use that to filter the query. This will require you to add this "exclusion" in the search attributes.

Or, you can exclude them from the search list after the catalog search is complete. You can add a custom action and remove the items you do not want to display based on the item's special property you know. If the "special" property is a product attribute, then it will be relatively easy. How will you get this "special" property if that is not a product attribute is something you have to design. Be careful about the performance.