cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Personnel Number ranges (PERNR) in Personnel Administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am hiring an employee using the Personnel Actions in Transaction Code: PA40. First infotype in in my Hiring Infogroup is: 0000. I have entered the data in Infotype 0000 - press enter key, BUT NOT SAVED THE DATA. After that I have decided NOT TO hire this employee. And I had exited from the Personnel Action. My issue is: before I exited transaction code, Employee PERNR is generated and the same is updated in number range - below is the example

My current PERNR in the system is 10001999 - I started Personnel Action: entered the data in Infotype 0000. When I pressed the Entry key, BUT NOT SAVED THE DATA, PERNR is generated as : 10002000 and my number range is also updated. And without saving the data, I exited from Personnel Action.

I do not want the number range to be updated with 10002000 but remain the same as 10001999 as I had not saved the data and not hired the emplyee. Is there any way in which we can do this?

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot do anything about the Number status being updated on unsuccessfull Hire action. If you want cahnge it, you will have to manually change it. You can check the table NRIV and choose object name RP_PREL. There you will find all the number ranges for the Personnel Admin and current Number status for all the ranges for the particular client.

Thanks,

Danny.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the internal name range, it will get updated. I don't feel there is anyway to stop this. Reason behind it as soon as you will put the details in IT0000 and press enter or trigger some other action like SAVE in IT0000 screen, it will perform an action and generate the personnel number in case of internal number range.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you can do anythink to stop generating the number as it is generated in the beggining of the action. But what you can do if go to PA04 and click on status button and restore to the last number.

Regards,

Edoardo