Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra Printer - Portuguese language - Latin Character

former_member409998
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need print a label in GK420T Zebra printer.

The label was be used in Brazil and we need consider the specials characters (E.g: á, é, í, ó, ú, ç, ã and õ)

We installed the arial font and verdana font. When I print the list in directory *.fnt both font appear... but when I try call the fonts to the print moment anything happen.

Codes:

^XA
^CI10
^CWA,R:ARI000.TTF
^FLE:ARI000.FNT
^FS
^XZ

*** The FLE command only accept TTF type. I try this type too!

*** When we installed the font the system automatically convert the type to FNT. To sure, we used the swiss type (download to the zebra site) and convert this too.

When I print the list of font links nothing appear in list (^LF).

So, my question is that: Can I print this especial caracters only use the CW?

Why the system convert the name of font to XXX000? Is it normal? (E.g - Arial to ARI000)

Regards,

Andréa Molina

Edited by: Andréa Molina on Jun 15, 2011 4:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you print from a smartform this should work via Latin-1 device type LBZEB2 or unicode device type LZEBU2 as described in notes #750002 and #750772. I don't think true type fonts are needed.

For sapscript, see SAP note 179534 and device type LB_ZEB2 should work.

Regards,

Aidan

former_member409998
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Thank you for the answer. But, the note already installed.

The printer is configurated to Germany language and print certain special characters.

The problem is related with code page. Currently the 850 code page is set and works perfectly to germany. But, in Brazil, we need use 1252 code page.

I was to spad - Full administration - Char set and found to 2 ways to change the code page (Go to transaction SCP and Go to Character set convert ) But, in twice, when I saved a variant is saved and don't use like a default.

How modify the codepage only for one device?

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this sapscript or smartform? Which device type do you use? Device type LZEB2 and it's character set should support Portugeese characters.

Regards,

Aidan

former_member409998
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello...

The form is a Sapscript and the device type is LB_ZEB2: Zebra label printer Latin-1.

Regards,