cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we need a SAP PI system to use SAP SRM enterprise services?

nilayghosh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working in a project where we need to use some enterprise services like ([Maintain Purchase Request|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ESpackages/MaintainPurchaseRequest]) for SAP SRM 7.x. We have an ECC 6 system also in the landscape but the middleware is a non-SAP one. My question is that to be able to use the SRM and Enterprise Services, do we need SAP PI or SAP CE in place. Any help or useful clue/pointers is appreciated.

Best regards,

Nilay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With SRM70 and ECC60 EHP4 you need PI/XI when you activate bus function LOG_MM_P2PSE_1 . But with SRM701 (EHP1) there is an option to avoid PI/XI for asynchronous connections by activating a business function "PI-Independednt Enterprise services", instead it use Webservice Reliable Messaging (WS-RM).

Thanks,

Jagadish

nilayghosh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

Thanks for your response. Its helpful but can you please provide some further clue (like a how-to-guide) on how to do that?

Regards

Nilay

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the how-to guide RKT documents in Solution manager. SAP provides RKT documents which can be downloaded from sol manager when the SRM license is bought from SAP.

Regards,

Jagadish

Former Member

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You dont need PI to transfer Contracts from SRM to ECC .

It can be done via NON PI webservices using WSRM. I have configured 6 webservices for this purpose in SRM and ECC side and it works just fine.

As mentioned above you need to activate 2 switches 1 in SRM and 1 in ECC which are irreversible switches.

Let me know if you need further information regarding this.

Regards,

Naveen

former_member581526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Naveen

how to activate 2 switches in SRM and ECC  for contracts transfering from SRM to ECC .  Could you give a detail  in two system?

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Jesse

Former Member
0 Kudos