cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer address in the Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently due to the business process, user do change the customer ship to address in the sales order by clicking on the ship to filed on the sales order.

this happens mostly in the one time customer case, but a lot of time customer service personals misses to input the phone # for the new ship to address that was input during the sales order creation.

i have tested in Dev, the field for telephone # in the one time customer is defined as required, but still while created the sales order, if the telephone # is not maintained in the ship to, it allows it to save without any warning or error.

could some shed some light on how to make this as a required field during the sales order creation ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, I am not sure, telephone number will flow in sale order either at header level or at item level. Nevertheless, check whether that field is there in OVA2 so that through incompletion log, you can prevent saving the sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think ram ki is correct. This could only be verified in a user exit, e.g. when saving the document (not sure if there is a better one available). A list of user exits is available here, on SDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Required field will work only when saving customer, here you are ching the ship to party address in sales order, so system is allowing to save. may be you need to go with technical development