Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BRFplus Application Exit - Formula Function (Returning Amount Parameter)

Hi,

I'm trying to add a user defined function for the Formula Expression.

1. I've created a user defined function ZCOPOUN_DISC_CALC.

2. Assigned it to the formula functions using the application exit

3. Then I created a Formula Expression that uses the function ZCOPOUN_DISC_CALC from the drop down.

4. I've assigned the appropriate parameters (2 parameters: a. Amount_param b. Char10_param).

5. Now I try to execute a rule that evaluates this expression and get an Unicode error when BRFplus tries to convert the Amount field.

Note: The Amount_param will fill the two importing parameters I_PRICE and I_CURRENCY

I'm using NetWeaver EHP2 SP7.

-

While browsing through the SDN forum I came across a message which said:

"NW 702 BRFplus is more intelligent and can also take non-BRFplus format."

Message Reference:

I guess this means the Unicode error during type conversion from BRFplus format to non-BRFplus format and vice versa should not occur.

-

The user defined method:

The the user defined function is defined with 3 importing parameters and 1 returning parameter

class-methods ZCOPOUN_DISC_CALC
    importing
      !I_PRICE type ZDEMO_PRICE
      !I_CURRENCY type ZDEMO_CUKY
      !I_COPOUN type CHAR10
    returning
      value(RV_DISC_PRICE) type SFBE_AMOUNT .

NOTE: I've even tried using the return type FDT_S_AMOUNT instead of SFBE_AMOUNT. It still gives the same Unicode Dump

-

The following method is not correct, but I've just written it.

Alternatively I've tried using two exporting parameters, one for currency and another for currency key. Now BRFplus gives a dump when I try to check the formula. (This must be due to the usage of two exporting parameters I guess). Also the function now asks for currency and currency key separately in the importing parameters (Which was not the case when I was using a returning parameter).

Is there any alternative to return the amount fields in user defined formula functions to avoid this dump?

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question