cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does SAP "reset" values assigned in a binding?

Stephen3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All;

I have a Dispute workflow that is working but I am facing an issue that I don't know how to resolve. I have created a binding for a task to map values returned from a class (CL_WF_CONTAINER_COMPLETE-->COMPLETE_OBJECTS to be specific) and it is sort of working. I want to take the values resturned from this task and feed them into a follow on task that e-mails the values returned in the variables (&BUPA_ID& and &BUPA_NAME&).

I have turned on the worlkflow trace and can see the values in set in the "Target_Cont_After_Image" line in the "SWF_BIND AFTER_EXEC" step, but then SAP adds a "SWF_WFM SYNC" step and then does another "SWF_BND AFTER_EXEC" step that resets the value to "< Not Set >". I can't figure out why SAP is doing this.

Also, is there any documentation that explains how to interpret the data returned in the workflow trace and is it possible to use a Debugger to step through the code being executed in a Workflow?

Thanks

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to bind the values from method container to task container and afterwards from Task container to workflow container.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Stephen3
Participant
0 Kudos

This was the problem. The Standard Delivered SAP solution had the method to Task binding set up incorrectly.