Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP: creating Planned Orders or Pruchase Requistion

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I would like to ask the reason why the MRP is creating Planned Order for the components of Subcontracting PO (Item Category = L) with Account Assignment N and Purchase Requisition for those with Account Assignment empty.

We would like that Purchase Requisition were also created for those with Account Assignment N.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear mforman,

While running MRP,for the MRP control parameter Create Purchase Req ,use value 1- create only purchase req and execute.

Creation Indicator for Purchase Requisitions

For materials procured externally, this indicator controls whether the system:

1- creates purchase requisitions for the total planning horizon,

2- creates planned orders for the total planning horizon which are manually converted into purchase requisitions at a later date,

3- creates purchase requisitions within the opening period and planned orders outside the opening period.

Check and revert

Regards

Mangalraj.S

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've tried with an other component with Procurement Type X and Special Procurement 20.

And the MRP has created PR as I expected. I don't know what I was doing wrong as all components are suppose to be created with Procurement Type X and Special Procurement 20 which means that the MRP should always generated PR and not Planned Orders, correct?

Thanks

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've tried with an other component with Procurement Type X and Special Procurement 20.

And the MRP has created PR as I expected. I don't know what I was doing wrong as all components are suppose to be created with Procurement Type X and Special Procurement 20 which means that the MRP should always generated PR and not Planned Orders, correct?

Thanks

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear mforman,

If my understanding is correct then it should be only F and special procurement key 20 and it cannot be as X,20.

Dear Jurgen,correct me if I'm wrong in understanding the concept regarding direct procurement.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj.S,

We need to have Procurement Type X for Project System requirement (Multilevel Bom Transfer).

Until now it seems that Procurement Type X and Special Procurement 20 works fine.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this docu clearly says how the special procurement type works if the procurement type is set to X:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/f4/7d2a3444af11d182b40000e829fbfe/content.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

usually the procurement type maintained in MRP2 view is the basis.

if the procurement type is internal rocurement or internal/external procurement,, then SAP creates planned orders

if the procurement type is external procurement only, then SAP creates requisitions.

except you explicitly run MRP with the option to create always planned orders.