Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Receiver side adapter doubts

Hi all,

It's an ECC- XI - MDM scenario using XI 7.1

The scenario has been configured using MATMAS Idoc. MATMAS is imported into the namespace ECCtoMDM. It has also been included as an External Definition. In fact in Message Mapping, the source is the MATMAS Idoc and the target is the external definition MATMAS05. The configuration was done by functional consultants and now I am reworking it. My doubt is this. At the MDM side, they have used a File Adapter. It's the Idoc that's used as target messgae under external definitions. So shouldn't it be an Idoc adapter at the target side ?

Now, I have to select only four fields from the Idoc and sent it to the target. So I am thinking of creating a Data Type, MT and Service Interface, Message Mapping and Operation Mapping for all these. So when I did that I get an error while activating data type. I selected Data Type as Free style Data Type.

Create Data type and take XSD from there and share with MDM team ,before that check XSD valid or not.

You are going to use only 4 fields, so betetr to create structure manually insted of using IDoc XSD.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question