Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver side adapter doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

It's an ECC- XI - MDM scenario using XI 7.1

The scenario has been configured using MATMAS Idoc. MATMAS is imported into the namespace ECCtoMDM. It has also been included as an External Definition. In fact in Message Mapping, the source is the MATMAS Idoc and the target is the external definition MATMAS05. The configuration was done by functional consultants and now I am reworking it. My doubt is this. At the MDM side, they have used a File Adapter. It's the Idoc that's used as target messgae under external definitions. So shouldn't it be an Idoc adapter at the target side ?

Now, I have to select only four fields from the Idoc and sent it to the target. So I am thinking of creating a Data Type, MT and Service Interface, Message Mapping and Operation Mapping for all these. So when I did that I get an error while activating data type. I selected Data Type as Free style Data Type.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in your case to send data to MDM system they are using File adapter to place files in to FTP,from them MDM import manager picks up the file and updates in MDM tables.

coming why they are using IDoc XSD for target message was there is not structure conversion required and once File adapter sends IDoc structure as XML message MDM can understand that,that why they are using IDoc XSD.

new interface development you can use XSD or you can create new data type with four fields type free style.

But you have to remember one point MDM provided predefined Maps for material master data point of MDM,so that better to use IDoc xsd message in your case and use file adapter.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your help

Is idoc XSD compatible with File adapter ? Shouldn't we use Idoc receiver adapter when we use Idoc sxd?

Secondly, the target sides only four fields. The rest all fields are not at all required. So I thought it would be simple if I send just those four fields instead of the long Idoc sxd.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case, what is going into the MDM import folder is the Idoc xml, hence the use of the file adapter. The Idoc xsd in this case is used as an external definition for the Idoc xml.

The standard way of integrating PI with mdm is to either use the file adapter or the mdm adapter.

In your case, even though only 4 fields are used, since this is part of a standard mapping, suugest to keep this as any change in the output xml from PI will also affect the mdm import manager program.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The functional consultant asked me to sent the xml and xsd of those four fields and he will manually map it in MDM. That's why I was trying to do this. Will if fail if we do it that way ?

Regards

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create Data type and take XSD from there and share with MDM team ,before that check XSD valid or not.

You are going to use only 4 fields, so betetr to create structure manually insted of using IDoc XSD.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I check XSD is valid or not?

Regards

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for that you required XML Spy or any XML Editors, anyway if you take XSD from PI, it should be valid.so dont worry

Answers (0)