Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Communication Channel

martin_stampfl3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have a SOAP-receiverchannel which is activated in Integration Builder. But when I look in Runtime Workbench, the channel is inactive. No message reaches the receiver system.

My question: How can I activate the channel? The scenario worked a few weeks ago and I didn't change anything.

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it activated in ID i.e the mode is set to active?

Also note that if no messages have been received for the SOAP adapter even though it is active, the message might say, channel started but inactive.

martin_stampfl3
Explorer
0 Kudos

You are right,

in ID the channel is set to "active",

Runtime Workbench shows "channel started but inactive". What could be the problem in this case? I also tried to copy my channel, but then I have the same problem.

Do you have any solution?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

That's not an issue. SOAP channels work in that way.

Channel status will show running status once a mesage is processed.

Nothing to be done on your side.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Giuseppe is right. I agree with him.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you try sending any message to that channel?

Once a message reaches then it will move to running status.

this is not an issue but the way SOAP channels state is represented in RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in receiver side is a normal status.

Means that channel is "open" but no file is currently going through.

Fabio

martin_stampfl3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Giuseppe,

thank you for your reply.

But when I test my scenario by sending an IDOC with transaction WE19 in my R/3-System, nothing happens. SXMB_MONI doesn't show anything and in runtime workbench the status is still "started but inactive".

As I said before, I didn't change my scenario. I don't understand what my problem is in this case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

This is a separate issue.

If you checked SXMB_MONI of your XI system and no message is shown related to the IDoc type you sent, then XI has not received the IDoc.

Check that all values are correct (receiver port and partner for instance) when you send the IDoc using WE19.

Check also whether the IDoc got stuck in SM58 on your ECC system and check your idoc status in we05.

Regards,

Giuseppe

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like you have issue at the sender side (idoc )... Your message is not even reaching PI ... Check whether ALE configuration between ECC and PI is done right. After seeing message in SXMB_MONI then you will debug for the receiver side.

Receiver side: SOAP receiver adapter will show active only after passing message over it. If you dont pass the messge it will show started but inactive message.

martin_stampfl3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

thank you to all of you for your replies. You were totally right, but the problem was on my side. In my receiver determination I had a condition for the receiver. And my IDOC I used had wrong values.

Now it works as you said.

thank you very much

Best Regards Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

If the status of the channel is set to active in the Integration builder, then the channel is active.

Usually SOAP channel is set to "inactive" ("channel started but inactive") if no message has been processed since last time channel was started (or last time java stack was started).

As soon as a message is processed, channel status will be switched to "running".

Regards,

Giuseppe