Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Fields deleted and added back to Universe- Fields no longer available error

Hi

We are facing an issue with one of our Universe. This is a very big Universe and most of BO Reports are based on this Universe. Here is what we did

1. we had a requirement to get new fields into one of our reports. so, we added three new tables to this Universe. After adding this tables, I checked reports based on the Universe in the dev system. They were running fine.

2. Later, we moved some of the objects in Class 1 into another Class (Class 2) and made Class 2 as sub Class to Class3. But while, formatting these Fields we found that we dont need to put the objects into separate class and make it sub class to class 3. So, we deleted Class2.

3. Then we realized that the objects we moved from Class 1 into Class 2 are now missing in the Universe. So we added back the objects into Class 1 from the Tables in the Universe.

After I did step 3 I did Integrity Check and everything was fine. The report we created at that time was also working fine. Since I checked the older reports already, I did not check them once again. I think this was a mistake. we moved the Universe to Production but now when run the older reports we are getting an error saying some of the fields in the report are now not available in the Universe.

When I open the report in Modify mode and go to edit query- system is automatically removing the Fields that we moved from Class 1 to Class 2 and deleted.

Can you please let me know what I should do. I also checked for Contexts in the Universe but I got message "No new Contexts Needed".

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by: BOUser11 on Jun 15, 2011 3:19 PM

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question