cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about OVS_USAGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

how can I create to fields that are both assigned to OVS_USAGE and triggred separately?

exampl.

field1 is related to a OVS_USAGE component,

field2 is related to a OVS_USAGE component also,

how can I create two deferent methods that can trigger both fields seperately?

thank you all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scafandri ,

we can tigger the OVS seperately for the field by Reuse the WDA_OVS component only ones in our component .

only thing is need to create OVS events per field

you can reffer my detail explanation and code snippet for achiving that in below link

[|]

Regards

chinnaiya P

Edited by: chinnaiya pandiyan on Jun 15, 2011 7:00 PM

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Component Usage Create

ovs1 - OVS_USAGE

ovs2 - OVS_USAGE

assign ovs1 for fields1 and ovs2 for field2

and in methods create two event handler methods ., one for field1 ovs and other for field2 ovs..

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can I do this OVS1 and OVS2 there is no other field in component usage to put OVS1 and OVS2 !!!

and how and where can I assigne OVS1 to field1????

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

Check this wiki: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/ABAPWDObjectValueSelector(OVS)

In this wiki., they created ovs_usage in used components., like that you create ovs1 and ovs2 for field1 and field2.,

Check Above for Code..

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kiran

your link --> Page Not Found

Hi Chinnaiya,

your answer is very helpful, but how will the system deferenciate between the two OVS methods, because in the end only one will be triggred eacht time, how can i solve this

how can I reuse the OVS component?

thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran ,

i have little diversion in your statement "create ovs1 and ovs2 for field1 and field2., "

at present luckely he required custom search help for 2 fields . think if he required 5 fields ? 5 ovs component for 5 fields , what will happen in the performance path .

for that only SAP giving the event . just he need to check the condition in the ovs events for which fields the user is requesting OVS .. thats simple seems right .

you can never see any standard SAP component using more that one OVS component for OVS search help ,

Regards

Chinnaiya P

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

@chinnaya Sir, : Yes you are correct.. Earlier what I thought was Same Component ( WDR_OVS ) but with two instances ovs1 and ovs2. Any How if we press F4 for Field1 also WDR_OVS will load and if we press Field2 also WDR_OVS will load., I realized It is not the good programming practice for having different component usages.,

Thanks for updating me..

@Scafandri: link is: [http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/ABAPWDObjectValueSelector(OVS)|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/ABAPWDObjectValueSelector(OVS)]

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran